Director of Accounting Services
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   August 18, 2017
Our Cincinnati-based client has the distinguished reputation for training prominent professionals from across the globe and providing leading-edge research in the health care industry.
JOB SUMMARY: The Director, Accounting Services will report to the Corporate Controller and be responsible for the oversight of accounting services for UC Health.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will oversee all accounting services for UC Health which includes leading and managing the accounting staff of UC Health, the timeliness and accuracy of the accounting records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as applicable to a not-for-profit healthcare system provider, maintaining processes and procedures to ensure financial controls are appropriate and support the integrity and accuracy of UC Health’s financial data.
Monthly Close and Account Reconciliations
- Direct the accounting staff in the monthly financial close process to ensure accurate accounting of transactions that comprise UC Health’s balance sheet, income statements, and statements of cash flows in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Direct the accounting staff in the monthly financial close process to ensure timely reporting accounting of transactions that comprise UC Health’s balance sheet, income statements, and statements of cash flows in accordance with UC Health’s financial close calendar.
- Ensure consistency of accounting transactions and account reconciliations across multiple ERP systems – both Lawson and PeopleSoft.
- Ensure appropriate distribution of accounting information, maintaining confidentiality and safeguarding of information as an asset.
Management of Staff
- Responsible for the hiring, training and supervising of the accounting staff.
- Performs an ongoing review of productivity and quality control measures.
- Prepares quarterly and annual performance evaluations of the staff.
- Responsible for enforcing departmental policies.
Internal Controls and Process Improvements
- Gain a thorough understanding of the control environment, develop new controls as needed, and monitor compliance with UC Health’s accounting policies.
- Continually evaluate and implement processes to enhance the control environment, create efficiencies and suggest best practices to the accounting services policies and procedures
Annual Financial Statement Audit
- Function as the primary liaison with the day to day interaction during the interim and annual audit by external auditors.
- Resolve audit issues timely. (June 30th fiscal year-end)
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Public Accounting (Big 4) experience HIGHLY preferred.
- Healthcare provider and/or Not for Profit Sector experience preferred.
- Knowledge of not-for-profit and healthcare accounting and reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and engage, motivate, and energize others.
- Must possess unquestionable integrity and confidence to make good decisions in a timely manner.
- Is actively committed to driving results and meeting or exceeding the expectations of our employees by creating an atmosphere of learning, quality, and continuous improvement.
- Strong intelligence, both in critical thinking and conceptual reasoning.
- Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Office.