Division IT Manager -- Manufacturing Industry
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   $100,000-$140,000 based on experience
Last Updated:   July 20, 2017
Our clientmanufactures critical rotating components and assemblies for turbine engines for aviation and industrial applications, as well as components for other industries with similar engineering and quality requirements. The client has five facilities that are spread throughout the U.S. and feature a broad range of manufacturing technology and capabilities.
Our client seeks to hire an IT Manager to join their corporate technology group. The Manager will lead all the Division IT projects within the framework established in conjunction with the Corporate IT group. He /She must be competent with business software such as Epicor ERP and be able to leverage those capabilities to assist the business unit with manufacturing, costing, and analysis of product. The company tries to use as many off the shelf application as possible, however there is some customization of apps for interfaces, reporting, etc.
In addition, the manager will be responsible for all leading day to day activities related to IT within the business unit. This person is responsible for maintaining a consistent IT and telecommunications environment for all sites within the division, and will provide, along with the IT team, the first line of support for plants within that division. Most servers reside at the corporate data center, although there are a few at each plant. There are approximately 1000 workstations to support—which includes thin clients, laptops, desktops, mobile, etc.
This role requires the IT manager to be able to lead and manage the lean staff of 5 (3 systems engineers & 2 business analysts), to strategically evolve the infrastructure & business systems to meet the needs of the company’s facilities and growing business, while have a team mentality and be able to help with the day to day work of the group. This is truly a “working manager” role. A strong set of troubleshooting skills is imperative, particularly as related to troubleshooting of remote systems. This person also needs to have strong project management and follow up skills to ensure all projects are addressed and completed in a timely fashion.
- Act as the liaison between corporate IT and the plants
- Act as the liaison between the plants and the corporate data center/shared service center
- Participate in strategy development and implementation of network /infrastructure plans
- Lead, manage, and get involved in infrastructure projects
- Manage vendors and staff
- Serve as a high-level help desk member—everyone, even the CIO helps troubleshoot issues between corporate IT, the plants, and the data center.
- Work with plants and departments on their system and process needed. Identify possible solutions and implement as needed.
- Communicate with all levels of the business unit, from shop floor employee to the president, and translate the needs of the business unit into technical specifications that can be evaluated, approved, and executed through a combination of internal and external resources.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- 7+ years of hands-on systems engineering and some management experience
- Experience in manufacturing and/or aerospace industry
- General first line ERP support –Epicor very helpful
- Experience with the following very desirable:
- Product costing methodologies
- Scheduling and MRP
- Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Quality Management Systems
- A strong understanding of networking, system admin, telecom, and other infrastructure components.
- Experience with back up/disaster recovery plans—this role will be involved with the design, modifications, and updates to plans on an on-going basis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and able to effectively communicate with internal customers at all levels
- Strong project management experience
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work closely with other peer technical experts to complete tasks and projects on time and within budget
- Ability and experience to identify and proactively eliminate issues
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Strong process centric mentality
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Some travel will be expected the company’s facilities—approximately 25% (although more initially)